Monday, August 29, 2016

What's interesting in the DC October 2016 Solicitiations

DC Universe Titles

Batman Annual #1 – This book features writing from Tom King, Scott Snyder, Paul Dini and Steve Orlando, all of which I have really enjoyed their writing. So I expect big things from this one shot that has a nice around Gotham city one night set up.

Catwoman: Election Night #1 – This one shot features a continuing of the Prez story by Mark Russell and Ben Caldwell. I’m hoping the rumours aren’t true that this is the last time we will see Beth Ross and her crazy satirical universe. Prez was by far the smartest book DC published last year and I hope to see it added back to their publication schedule.

Beyond the DC Universe

Super Powers #1 – I’ve been a big fan of Art and Franco’s work and bought every thing that they have been involved in and to have them work back in the DCU and on the Trinity is just awesome. Oh Yeah great comics!

Collections

Sandman Mystery Theatre Book Two – I was very frustrated when Vertigo stopped collecting Sandman Mystery Theatre the first time around, specially since they were less then 20 issues from the end. This time feels different as Vertigo has been recollecting most of their titles in new large trades. I know I can’t wait to have all of Matt Wagner, Steven Seagle’s and eventually Guy Davis’s great crime book on my shelf.

The Flash by Mark Waid Book One – The clear positive in the publishing world of the Flash having a television show is that DC is finally collecting Mark Waid’s great Flash run. Only Geoff Johns has had as much effect on the flash mythos as Waid and for anyone looking for solid Flash stories this would be a great source.

Batman and Robin Adventures vol. 1 – I love the Timmverse! And this collection features some great issues. The Joker driving Harvey Dent crazy because its Tuesday was one of my favorite Batman stories for quite some time and a collection that features stories by Paul Dini is a good thing.  I love that DC has decided to collect all their Timmverse comics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment