Marvel
Rocket Raccoon #1 – After reading Matthew Rosenberg’s work at
Black Mask and his Civil War II: Kingpin series I’m thinking that this book
could really be a fun crime book. I’m curious to see what can be done with
Rocket in his own series.
U.S. Avengers #1 – Al Ewing is on such an amazing run of super
entertaining stories, that I’ll try anything he writes. I’m not a huge fan of
super-hero humour books, as I tend to find that they are to silly for me, but
I’m willing to give this book a try because of Ewing. Also, Paco Medina is a
solid artist that should be a good fit for this type of story.
Image
Motor Crush #1- With the great creative team from Batgirl of
Brendan Fletcher, Cameron Stewart and Babs Tarr behind this new image book it’s
a must read. Not sure if the market really needs another sci-fi book from
image, but if the book is good then I don’t think genre matters as much.
DC
Checkmate by Greg Rucka TP Vol. 1 – I’m really curious to see how
DC collects this series. They did such a horrible job the first time they
collected it. Rucka’s 25 issue run was collected in 6 trades. Which came out as
Checkmate: A King’s Game, Checkmate: A Pawn Breaks, then goes to an
Outsiders/Checkmate crossover trade, then back to Checkmate: Fall of the wall
and lastly the final three issues of the series by Rucka were collected in a
trade called Kobra Resurrected. Add to that if you really want to read the end
of the series it’s in a Final Crisis Companion trade. What a nightmare. So, I’m
hoping DC fan fix this problem with new collected editions.
Supergirl: Being Super #1 – No surprise DC wants to take
advantage of the success they are having with a Supergirl television show by
pumping the market full with as many Supergirl books as possible. Despite that
the creative team on this book makes it very interesting. Mariko Tamaki (Skim,
This One Summer) and Joelle Jones (Ultimate Spider-man, Lady Killer) have both
handled stories of female maturation in their past, so this story seems to be
right in line for them to be able to do something special with.
Boom/Archaia
Killer Vol. 5 HC – Finally translated to English is the final
volume of the great crime comic by Matz and Luc Jacamon. The story of a hired
killer, who at the start of the series Matz and Jacamon juxtaposed him
constantly with a reptile or at least his thought process. It’s been some years since we got a
volume of the series and I’m hoping Matz and Jacamon bring the series to a
satisfying close.
No comments:
Post a Comment